Honourary FCSI® Program Eligibility Requirements
Honourary FCSI Nomination ProcessAny financial services professional who is an active FCSI may nominate a person who meets the eligibility requirements for an Honourary FCSI. The FCSI National Council will review candidates who are nominated and may select up to 2 people each year to receive an Honourary FCSI.
Eligibility Requirements for Honourary FCSI CandidatesTo be eligible, candidates must meet and maintain all of the following criteria:
- Minimum of 10 years of financial services industry experience. An exception may be made, on a case-by-case basis, if the selection committee (a sub-committee of the FCSI National Council) finds that the candidate has made a significant contribution to the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting investor education (e.g., through published articles, journals, periodicals, etc.; as a guest speaker on radio or television or at other public speaking engagements).
- Adherence to the FCSI Code of Ethics.
- A citizen of good standing, as evidenced by extracurricular or community involvement.
- Each year, active FCSIs will be invited to nominate someone who meets the eligibility requirements for the Honourary FCSI.
- Nominations are to be written and must include:
- A letter that clearly explains the reasons for nomination and why the candidate deserves an Honourary FCSI.
- A curriculum vitae of the nominated person.
The selection committee may request a letter from the candidate's employer on a case-by-case basis.
- All nominations are referred to the selection committee.
- A list of candidates will be brought forward by the selection committee to the FCSI National Council for approval. Two-thirds of FCSI National Council members must approve the nomination.
- CSI must also approve the nomination.